Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One step forward 2 steps back!!!

Pulled the A/C system, I may regret this someday but I can always put it back in. Looks to need some work anyhow.
I was just planning on pulling the pedal box to do freshen it up and take care of a little surface rust when I ran into this. I pulled up the carpet before but I must have just been looking at the top of the tar because I saw no rust. So I pulled all the carpet out and padding and will now take on the massive task of removing all the tar, killing all the rust and laying down a nice thick coat of Por-15.
I took out the plug to check the thickness of the metal and luckily there are no holes and there is enough metal to work with that I should not need to replace the floor (on the drivers side at least).

Another pic of the A/C removed and the Cancer, luckily its not malignant.
I am trying very hard to put on a smile for the camera but its kind of hard right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment