Monday, February 11, 2013

The trunk is nearly finished

The trunk had a fair amount of rust and had not been resprayed with the rest of the car so it needed some attention. I went with my usual means of rust inhibiting, naval jelly and chassis saver paint. I had to rattle can some of the tight cracks and crevices but it looks fairly uniform. 



 

 I still need to tidy up the wires for the fuel pump and sender. I also need to run new hard metal fuel lines.



I was involved in a car accident in August 2011 that totaled my e46, My wife and son were in the car and we are all fine after countless trips to the chiropractor. Long story short my sons car seat had to be scrapped so I snagged the 5 point harness and used it for a battery box tie down. May be a little overkill but I sure like the way it looks.


I have the original trunk boards and they still have the original elephant skin on them. Not too pretty, very stained and showing age. I am thinking of redo the trunk boards and wrapping them in some grey indoor/outdoor carpet you see at the hardware store.



No comments:

Post a Comment